Even if you have plenty of photos of your business, you might need stock photos to fill in the gaps. As a business owner or marketing specialist, you need to know how to find stock photos for your next project. Sometimes stock photos work best as backgrounds, others demand to be put front and center on a homepage slider. Before you start looking, think through the various places you’ll need images and what kind of subject matter you’re looking for. Otherwise, you could end up spending hours going through and looking at thousands of photos. For more advice, see these two pages.
Free High Resolution Images
Many business owners are wondering how to find stock photos for their website. Fortunately, there are a number of free stock photo resources around the web. However, the best resource is a website that collects all of these other resources together into one easy to navigate page.
- Go to The Stocks Along the left side of the screen you’ll see a number of websites. Simply click on any of these names to visit that page.
- Most of the stock photo websites focus on a specific niche of photography. “New Old Stock” only curates retro photos, while “Free Nature Stock” only has nature images. “Pexels” has the largest single collection of photos, organized into categories and tags.
- To download an image, simply double click on it. After it opens in a new tab, right click on the image and click “Save Image”.
The Best High Resolution Images ~ $10/photo
There are a number of premium options for stock photos online, but the best database for high resolution images is available at Shutterstock. If you know you’re going to need more than one or two images, it’s most cost-effective to
purchase an image plan (5 images, 25 images, or a monthly plan). Depending on the plan you get, each photo will cost a different amount, but usually it’s about $10.
- Create a free account on Shutterstock in order to collect your favorite images
- Visit their image collection and search either by category or term. They have millions of photos, so be as specific as possible in your search (e.g. “children running in field at night” rather than “children running”)
- Hover your mouse over any images you like and click the little plus sign inside of the lightbulb. This will save the image to a “lightbox”, which is just a fancy way of saying “collection”. You can name your lightboxes anything you’d like, but we recommend creating different lightboxes for different pages of your site. If you know you need to know how to find stock photos for your About page, Services page, and your Homepage, create three lightboxes and save images accordingly. Alternatively, you can create themed lightboxes (e.g. “Woman laughing”, “Conference room presentations”, etc)
With these resources, you should know how to find stock photos for your website that are beautiful, high resolution images to match any web page.
To learn more about how to find stock photos or high resolution images, contact Ezra Digital today!